Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chicken Quesadillas



When I was growing up, my dad would make these Quesadillas. I loved them and asked for the recipe when I got older. I have made them since but have tweaked the recipe due to laziness, I'm sure on my part. Like I said in previous post, please forgive my lack of measurements if they aren't exact as I don't always measure and throw things together.

Chicken Quesadillas

Ingredients
  • 4-6 chicken breasts sliced into 1x2-inch pieces
  • 1 package of Buritto seasoning
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 can of green chilies
  • 16-20 burrito size tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese or whatever cheese you like
  • Optional shredded lettace, olives, salsa, sour cream and taco sauce
Directions
  1. Slice chicken and cook until cooked through.
  2. Add diced chilies and buritto seasoning, mix until coated and thoroughly covered.
  3. Add sour cream.
  4. Put about a 1/4 cup of mixutre into tortilla and roll up tucking in the bottom and top and place in a 11x14 baking dish like a Jelly Roll pan or Pampered Chef Bar Pan Stone. (see picture above)
  5. Continue until tortillas and meat mixture is all gone.
  6. Sprinkle tops with shredded cheese.
  7. Bake at 350' for 25-30 minutes.
  8. Serve with optional ingredients.
** I also like to make a Spanish rice to go with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment