Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Easy Enchiladas



Any and everytime I ask my children what they would like me to make for dinner, 9 out of 10 times they will say Enchiladas. I have made them with ground beef, ground turkey and chicken. I love them all but their favorite I believe is chicken. I am not sure why these are their favorite, they just are. I got the recipe I believe from Derek's mother. So thanks Shirlene for the recipe that my children love. You are an awesome Grandmother and Mother-in-Law. Love you lots!

Easy Enchiladas

Ingredients
  • 4 chicken breasts diced into 1/2-inch pieces or 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
  • 1 large or 2 small cans of green chili enchilada sauce (can use red enchilada sauce, I'm just not a fan)
  • 2 cans of tomato soup
  • 16-20 burrito size tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese or whatever cheese you like
  • Optional shredded lettace, olives, salsa, sour cream and taco sauce
Directions
  1. Dice chicken and cook until cooked through or brown ground meat.
  2. Mix tomato soup and enchilada sauce together.
  3. Set aside approximately 1 cup of sauce for topping.
  4. Add remaining sauce to meat.
  5. Put about a 1/4 cup of meat sauce into tortilla and roll up and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
  6. Continue until tortillas and meat mixture is all gone.
  7. Top with reserved sauce.
  8. Sprinkle with shredded cheese
  9. Bake at 350' for 25-30 minutes
  10. Serve with optional ingredients.
** I also like to make a Spanish rice to go with this.

3 comments:

  1. And I will definitely do these too!! ^.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should try making refried beans as a side :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good, but I have a better chance getting my children to eat Spanish rice than refried beans. :)

    ReplyDelete